BankLaunch Joins the Latvian Startup Association
What Is Startin.LV?
Startin.LV was founded in 2016. Their goal is set on uniting the Latvian startup community based on mutual interest. They also aim to provide a shared point of view for developing a healthier startup environment in Latvia.
The association provides a network which enables young entrepreneurs to:
- Launch concepts
- Solve issues
- Be heard
- Get support
Currently, the initiative has 89 active members.
What Does Startin.LV Do and How Does it Affect BankLaunch’s Development?
This association represents startup interests by working with the government. Their goal is to put in place policies favorable to startup entrepreneurship in Latvia by:
- Negotiating with various governmental organizations
- Setting directives in motion which are helpful to startups
- Supervising workgroups
This organization also encourages communication and cooperation between the startup community participants in Latvia and the Baltics. They achieve this by:
- Assisting other organizations to arrange projects and events
- Having monthly startup ecosystem breakfasts
They also seek to build contact networks for international representatives with a global partnership. This is done by:
- Using local players and startups
- Holding international government and business delegations
- Providing demonstrations on the environment of Latvian startups
- Assisting in the coordination of pitch sessions, networking dinners, contests, and other activities
They’re making the Latvian startup scene more noticeable. The institute arranges PR and marketing activities and assists in creating various startup material and articles. They also distribute the latest news on local startups and share relevant opportunities open to young entrepreneurs.
This organization also educates society on startup related topics by visiting universities with guest lectures and speaking at conferences and public events. They further promote this initiative by holding hackathons, arranging workshops, and pitching advancement programs.
Startin.LV dedicates itself to taking care of its members. They provide them with information, consultations, PR activities, and discounts on various events. They also put them in contact with investors and potential partners.